Searching answer to the question: Which website platform should I choose to build my website? is quite a difficult task to answer in first thought.
Here are few questions you need to answer:
1. Site Functionality: For what purpose the website is required?
2. Development & Maintenance Cost: How much are you ready to spend on the development and maintenance of the website?
3. Self Management of website or not: Do you want your website to be edited by your own? or you don’t care hiring the developer again?
4. Database it uses: How much space do you require for your data to be stored? Whether it is limited or will grow exponentially.
5. Hosting Server: Have you taken a space from the server provider to host your website?
Now here are some commonly used platforms for website building:
1. HTML :
You can choose this platform if you only want a static website, changes are not that frequent or your website is just informative website. Moreover, HTML is the base of popular platform which generates HTML back hand coding for different functionality of the website.
2. PHP :
These days growing more popular platform is PHP. You can get the free PHP scripts which are easily available. You just need to install and can build-up a website with some changes here and there in few-hours. You are provided with a CMS, and integrating CMS into your website would make you able to manage the website without the help of web designer or developer. WordPress Magento, Joomla and Drupal are popular CMS. Choosing the CMS will depend on your website needs. This is the most SEO friendly platform.
3. ASP.NET :
ASP.NET is a Microsoft platform which is designed for developing web applications. It is not free, but has large library with technical support which makes the functioning easy. Its compiled code makes the website to perform faster. You can find plenty of developers to build your website, provided you wish to spend more. Asp.net is a good option for those who want special features in their website
4. Volusion :
Volusion is purely an e-Commerce platform. It has been increasing its usability very effectively. You can build a Volusion Website in very less time with the templates provided by the store. You can get some free templates and for some you have to pay an amount. This platform can be chosen if you want a shopping cart and number of products in your website is quite large.
After getting the answers to the questions & choosing on the platform:
• First decide a Domain name i.e. website URL which should be unique.
• Secondly, get the platform you have chosen.
• Now, search and take the hosting server where you will get space to store the files and content of your website.
• Next is most important part: Decide the type of design and theme you want your website should have. You would definitely like your website to look best.
• Finally get the website developed.
And YOUR Beautiful WEBSITE Is READY.