Facebook is most common communication and marketing platform with around 800 million active users. You will find everyone on Facebook; teens, college going students, adults, middle-aged people as well as older people from across the globe. Facebook is here to stay for the foreseeable future.
So why to have a Facebook fan page?
- Facebook fan pages can do a great work for your business promotion It is undoubtedly an effective way of making your business more profitable.
- Facebook fan pages are similar to people’s personal profiles but these have been designed with business in mind. Here one can provide you with the ability to provide a description of your business and its products and services, as well as contact and promotional information.
- 800 million potential customers can be found on Facebook. About 50% visit Facebook everyday.
- Facebook fan page can be setup in 10 minutes and it is quite easy.
- Facebook page is like huge signboard on a premium place like Times Square where millions of users can view it; and that too without paying even a penny for the billboard.
- Search engines give huge weight-age to Facebook page so listing your business on Facebook will be a huge plus from SEO perspective. Also Fan pages don’t require a login to visit.
- All your competitors would surely be on Facebook so why to give them free space to advertise. You should face them on this territory too.
- Facebook provides detailed analytic information that includes total numbers of like and comments received on particular dates, detailed down by day, month and a total aggregation. You can also gain demographic information on users including gender, age, language and location. The data makes it possible for you to see who you are attracting and determine if there is a market for an expanded product and service offering.
In order to utilize the Facebook fan page to the fullest, you must keep the following in mind:
- Update your page regularly. It is pretty easy and quick to create and publish new posts. To get the greatest impact, you will want them to publish updates on at least a weekly basis. Before publishing an update, ensure that it is spell-checked and works with your other marketing messages.
- Respond to comments: If someone posts a comment on you Facebook fan page, you must be quick to reply it. Even if the comments are negative, they should be responded to clear the confusion. Don’t reply nastily.
- Work to increase the followers count: More the followers of Facebook fan page, better will be reach of your business. One of the ways could be give out promotional offers only to fan page followers.
- Never organize contests like “person with maximum likes win” or “person with maximum share wins”. This is direct violation of TOS of Facebook fan page.
- Respect your “likers”. Just because someone clicks the like button, it doesn’t mean that he committed a crime. So it don’t give you authority to spam them. It doesn’t mean they are in love with your brand or anything you have to say for that matter. The biggest turn off is if the page is filled with self gloating and spam. If this is what one see on first visit, he will usually immediately “unlike” and never return
- Give personal touch to page: Facebook fan page should not be too robotic filled with RSS feeds, twitter posts or other blog posts. Instead, give it s personal touch. Write customized message for fan page only, reply to message and don’t be robotic in you tone.