In today’s life style, an image editing program has become a vital need for everyone. A professional designer needs it for creating designs whereas an amateur needs it for enhancing his/her pictures to publicize them in social media. The type of image editing program chosen depends upon the individual needs. Though, we have numerous of image editing program but GIMP and Photoshop are two of the best image editing programs. Both have its own advantages as well as disadvantages.
Image editing Program: GIMP or Photoshop:
1. GIMP is free and open source software whereas Photoshop is a paid software. It costs minimum of $700.
2. GIMP is fast and consume less memory whereas Photoshop is a heavy software. But at the same time Photoshop is more efficient than GIMP.
3. GIMP will run on any hardware and is cross-platform, whether its Windows, Mac, Linux. Photoshop requires a good hardware and has a drawback of not functional on Linux.
4. Photoshop user interface is much more simpler than GIMP.
5. GIMP is efficient in image editing but Photoshop contains more efficiency in terms of creating new designs as well as image editing. Photoshop is indeed, the industry standard.
6. In terms of features, Photoshop is ahead of GIMP.
7. Photoshop is for a professional designer, photographer. Amateur can explore GIMP and understand the basic before investing money in big software.
8. Photoshop is complete with 3D effects whereas GIMP stand far behind.
9. GIMP has open source tutorials but Photoshop has more training options in comparison.
10. Photoshop certification can be taken whereas GIMP does not offer any certification.
11. Photoshop gives access to use Pantone colors but GIMP does not.
You may be in love with any image editing program i.e Photoshop or GIMP or any other. But the question lies which one is best suited to your needs? Why to pay extra bucks for the work which can be done free.
Take the freedom to choose your image editing program.