Page Title is most essential part of on-page SEO. The text written in Page Title tag shows up on Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs), short description of shared items in social media sites like Facebook. So Page Title can be considered as first impression of your website. And many folks still go with old saying “First impression is the last impression”
Some points to be taken care of for best use of Page Title for effective SEO are:
- Page Title should relate to content of the web page. Keywords used in Page Title should be there in web page content
- Every page of website should have a Page Title and it should be unique for every web page.
- Keywords in Page Title should be written in order of relevance. i.e. most relevant keyword must be first word of Page Title.
- Ideally length of content in Page Title should be 65-75 characters because search engines display only a limited amount of text on SERPs. If you are using more characters then most important/relevant keywords should be at the beginning and least important/relevant should be at end.
- Don’t include Company/Business name in Page Title. If you still want to include it, then Company/Business name should be at end, prefixed with “|” . The more relevant keywords should be at beginning .
- Never repeat keywords in Page Title like Web Development, Software Development, PHPDevelopment, CMS Development
- Try to use grammatically correct sentence in Page Title rather than short un-related keywords.